To help prevent teen drug use, you can:
- Show you disapprove of underage drinking or other drug use
- Let teens know you don't want them to drink or use other drugs because you want them to be safe and happy
- Show teens that you are a trustworthy source of information about alcohol and other drugs
- Let them know you will notice if they drink or use other drugs
- Teach teens tips for resisting peer pressure and ways to refuse alcohol or other drugs if they are offered them
- Get involved in SCCUDD
Remember, it doesn’t need to be one big talk. It’s better to do multiple small talks.