Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

  • SNAP is a mandated federal supplemental nutrition program.
  • Eligibility is based on income and resource standards for family size and life situation.
  • There are work requirements for some people.
  • The benefit is issued on a monthly basis through an Electronic Benefits Card (EBT) and is designed to supplement the household's food needs.
Medicaid recipients who have not yet accessed their child's Pandemic-EBT food benefits may receive a text message alert this week on how to activate them. Read more:

Updated SNAP Standards
Emergency Allotment of SNAP Benefits FAQ's
Tips on How to Safe Guard Your EBT Card

For more information contact:

Schuyler County Social Services
323 Owego St. Unit 3
Montour Falls, NY 14865
(607) 535-8303

Nondiscrimination Statement (
Aviso sobre Normas Antidiscriminatorias) 

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
     Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
     1400 Independence Avenue, SW
     Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

With respect to public accommodations, New York State additionally prohibits discrimination based on gender identity, transgender status, gender dysphoria, sexual orientation, marital status, and military status.

Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance - Select a Language